The resources below are intended for use by staff members of the South Carolina Department on Aging and Area Agencies on Aging. If you are a member of the public who is in need of evidenced-based resources and has reached this page in error, please visit our public page at aging.sc.gov.
DEFINITION OF "EVIDENCED-BASED"
Congress mandated in 2012 that III-D funding can only be used for programs that have been demonstrated to be evidenced-based.
There are TWO ways in which to determine whether a program is considered to be evidenced-based:
Method #1: The program has been considered to be evidenced-based by any operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is shown to be effective for older adults. EBP database search tools can be used to find pre-approved EBP.
EBP Database Search Tools
Method #2: ACL's Evidence-Based 5 Point Criteria:
Demonstrated through evaluation to be effective for improving the health and well-being or reducing disease, disability and/or injury among older adults; and
Proven effective with older adult population, using Experimental or Quasi-Experimental Design; * and
Research results published in a peer-review journal; and
Fully translated in one or more community site(s); and
Includes developed dissemination products that are available to the public.
* Please contact Rowan Goodrich for final approval
EVIDENCED-BASED PROGRAM PARTNERS
Consider partnering with an institute of higher learning or another state agency to implement EBP in your region. Please see below for examples of EBP partners.
Walk with Ease Program - SCDHEC
- Bamberg, Calhoun, Chester, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Fairfield, Florence, Hampton, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Williamsburg and York counties
- Contact: Farrah Wigand, (803) 922-6788, email@example.com
Walk with Ease Program - Clemson Youth Learning Institute
- Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Barnwell, Cherokee, Clarendon, Edgefield, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union
- Contact: (864) 878-1103, firstname.lastname@example.org
EVIDENCED-BASED PROGRAM RESOURCES
EVIDENCED-BASED PROGRAM POLICY AND FORMS
AAA Monitoring Tool III-D (.doc)
*These are sample forms and are not required. AAAs may use their own forms.