The ElderCare Trust Fund is accepting applications from October 8, 2020 until November 10, 2020 at 4:00p. Completed grant applications can now be submitted by mail, by hand-delivery, and electronically.
For additional detailed information about the ElderCare Trust Fund and the application process, please click on the links below.
The ElderCare Trust Fund was created to support programming that helps seniors stay in their homes and lead productive lives, thereby avoiding institutionalization.
- Over 900,000 seniors live in South Carolina
- Seniors will represent 24% of the state’s population in five years
- Currently, 10% of South Carolina’s seniors live in poverty
The ElderCare Trust Fund helps needy South Carolinians by awarding grants to fund innovative programs that help seniors age in place and avoid the heavy cost of institutionalization.
Since it was established in 1992, the Fund has awarded over $400,000 to more than 30 non-profit organizations statewide.
Here are some worthy programs funded by the ElderCare Trust Fund:
Anderson Interfaith Ministries
Serving Anderson, Oconee, Pickens and Abbeville Counties
This program makes homes safer and more accessible for seniors (building ramps; adding grab bars and banisters, etc.)
The ARK of SC
Serving Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, and Berkeley Counties
This program provides two (2) types of training:
- training for first responders on how to deal with people with dementia
- training for caregivers in rural parts of the State on how to deal with seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory loss issues
You can make a difference in the lives of South Carolina’s seniors by contributing to the ElderCare Trust Fund. We fund innovative programs that help one of South Carolina’s most vulnerable populations. One-hundred percent of donations to the ElderCare Trust Fund go to providing services for seniors.
Contributions may be made to the ElderCare Trust Fund by:
- Checking Line 28 of your South Carolina State Income Tax Form and an I-330 Form or
- Writing a check to the ElderCare Trust Fund and mailing it to:
South Carolina Department on Aging
1301 Gervais Street, Suite 350
Columbia SC 29201